Adult Faith Formation Opportunities
R.C.I.A (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults)
Are you, or someone you know, interested in joining the Catholic Church?We, as the Catholic Community of St. Timothy are ready to accompany you on your journey of faith. The process for adults joining the Church is known as the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA).
The R.C.I.A is for:
- An unbaptized person who follows a process to help them grow in awareness to God’s call to conversion, as well as ways to respond to that call by receiving the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
- People who have been baptized in another Christian church, from a faith tradition other than the Catholic faith, who are seeking full communion with the Catholic Church through the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist.
- Those who were baptized in the Catholic Church who have not received formation in the Catholic faith. These adults will be prepared to celebrate the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist
- If you have questions about joining the church or the teachings of the Catholic faith, we will have three Inquiry sessions prior to RCIA. Inquiry sessions are an opportunity for you to ask questions; there is no expectation that you will join RCIA Inquiry is a place where you can get answers to your questions in an honest, open environment without any judgment.
- Inquiry: Inquiry sessions are an opportunity for you to ask questions; there is no expectation that you will join RCIA. Inquiry is a place where you can get answers to your questions in an honest, open environment without any judgment, and help you discern your readiness to proceed into RCIA.
- Dismissal: This happens every week at the Sunday 9AM Mass, which can be joined in-person or digitally. Participants attend the first part of Mass and are then led to another area to study the Scripture readings further.
- Catechesis: You, your sponsor, and your fellow participants in RCIA will be learning about the Catholic faith through weekly online video modules with supplemental resources to help you have faith-centered conversations and experiences to grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ.
Matthew Zemanek: firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundations: A Catholicism 101 Series
Beginning in October, a weekly video series will premiere on YouTube and Facebook on Sundays with an accompanying resources, questions and activities to help you have faith-centered conversations and experiences in the home every week, and learn more about our Catholic faith. For families, youth and adults of all ages to do together or for personal growth and reflection. Click HERE for more information
Join us for our weekly Parish Bible study on Monday nights from 7:30-8:30pm on Zoom. Join us as we study the upcoming Sunday Gospel. No previous experience or knowledge of the Bible is necessary! Email Matt Zemanek at email@example.com for the link and information to participate. These are also recorded and available to watch throughout the week on YouTube, Facebook and our website.
Free to Be- Women’s Group
Free to Be is a community of women of all ages committed to supporting one another while growing spiritually and serving St Timothy Parish. Contact Helene Markel firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Manna4Men is a book-based study/discussion group with other like-minded men who want to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. Contact Bill Kinsey email@example.com for more information.
The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
Would you like to experience a deeper encounter with God? Would you like to discover how faith and everyday life can thrive together? The Exercises will include daily prayer, weekly teachings, weekly small faith sharing groups, and monthly large faith sharing time from September to June. For more information or to RSVP please contact Helene Markel 949-697-9703 firstname.lastname@example.org