Adult Faith Formation Opportunities
R.C.I.A (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults)
Are you, or someone you know, interested in joining the Catholic Church?We, as the Catholic Community of St. Timothy are ready to accompany you on your journey of faith. The process for adults joining the Church is known as the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA).
The R.C.I.A is for:
- An unbaptized person who follows a process to help them grow in awareness to God’s call to conversion, as well as ways to respond to that call by receiving the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
- People who have been baptized in another Christian church, from a faith tradition other than the Catholic faith, who are seeking full communion with the Catholic Church through the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist.
- Those who were baptized in the Catholic Church who have not received formation in the Catholic faith. These adults will be prepared to celebrate the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist
- If you have questions about joining the church or the teachings of the Catholic faith, we will have three Inquiry sessions prior to RCIA. Inquiry sessions are an opportunity for you to ask questions; there is no expectation that you will join RCIA Inquiry is a place where you can get answers to your questions in an honest, open environment without any judgment.
- Inquiry: Inquiry sessions are an opportunity for you to ask questions; there is no expectation that you will join RCIA. Inquiry is a place where you can get answers to your questions in an honest, open environment without any judgment, and help you discern your readiness to proceed into RCIA.
- Dismissal: This happens every week at the Sunday 9AM Mass, which can be joined in-person or digitally. Participants attend the first part of Mass and are then led to another area to study the Scripture readings further.
- Catechesis: You, your sponsor, and your fellow participants in RCIA will be learning about the Catholic faith through weekly online video modules with supplemental resources to help you have faith-centered conversations and experiences to grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ.
Matthew Zemanek: email@example.com
Are you an adult who has not yet received Confirmation?
For most of us, the Sacrament of Confirmation was celebrated when we were either in junior high or in high school. For those adults in the RCIA, their Confirmation is celebrated when they are baptized at the Easter Vigil. For some, especially in Latin countries, the custom was to Confirm at Baptism as infants. For a variety of reasons, many adult Catholics have not yet been confirmed.
THIS INVITATION IS FOR YOU
If you are 19 years of age, you have been Baptized Catholic and have made your First Communion, but have not been Confirmed, I invite you to join me and others in a preparation program this spring so that you will be Confirmed on Pentecost Sunday, May 23rd, 2021 at the 11am Mass, here at St. Timothy Church.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Register by Monday, March 15, 2021 here: https://form.jotform.com/210347188184054
WHAT DO I NEED?
Most importantly, you will need an open heart and mind to receive the power of the Holy Spirit. Logistically, you will also need to:
• Submit copies of your Baptism & First Eucharist certificates by March 15th
• Choose an active, Confirmed Catholic (if they are married they must be married in the Church) who is not your parent to be your sponsor to accompany and do your preparation with you.
• Choose the name of a Catholic Saint to be Confirmed under
WHEN DOES ADULT CONFIRMATION BEGIN?
You and your sponsor will need to meet, virtually or in person, with our Pastor Monsignor John, you will receive a link to sign up once you register. You will both then be added to our online platform, MARTHA, to do the preparation. It will consist of six sessions, one per week for six weeks beginning Monday, April 5th, 2021 and must be completed by May 16th, 2021.
I am looking forward to meeting you and sharing this journey with you for the final step toward your final step of Initiation into our Catholic faith. Any questions? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matt Zemanek, Director of Adult & Youth Faith Formation
Foundations: A Catholicism 101 Series
Beginning in October, a weekly video series will premiere on YouTube and Facebook on Sundays with an accompanying resources, questions and activities to help you have faith-centered conversations and experiences in the home every week, and learn more about our Catholic faith. For families, youth and adults of all ages to do together or for personal growth and reflection. Click HERE for more information
Join us for our weekly Parish Bible study on Monday nights from 7:30-8:30pm on Zoom. Join us as we study the upcoming Sunday Gospel. No previous experience or knowledge of the Bible is necessary! Email Matt Zemanek at email@example.com for the link and information to participate. These are also recorded and available to watch throughout the week on YouTube, Facebook and our website.
Free to Be- Women’s Group
Free to Be is a community of women of all ages committed to supporting one another while growing spiritually and serving St Timothy Parish. Contact Helene Markel firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Manna4Men is a book-based study/discussion group with other like-minded men who want to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. Contact Bill Kinsey email@example.com for more information.
The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
Would you like to experience a deeper encounter with God? Would you like to discover how faith and everyday life can thrive together? The Exercises will include daily prayer, weekly teachings, weekly small faith sharing groups, and monthly large faith sharing time from September to June. For more information or to RSVP please contact Helene Markel 949-697-9703 firstname.lastname@example.org