The Adult Evangelization & Faith Formation Team
Pray through all the opportunities to serve on the Saint Timothy Adult Volunteer Interest Form:
If you would like to serve on this team in any capacity or have any questions, please contact Matthew Zemanek: email@example.com or 949-973-9025.
Weekly Bible Study
All are invited to our weekly Bible study on Monday nights from 7:30-8:30pm to pray through, discuss and study the upcoming Sunday Gospel reading. No previous experience or knowledge of the Bible is necessary! Comingthe Upper Room and on Zoom to pray through, discuss and study the upcoming Sunday Gospel reading. No previous experience or knowledge of the Bible is necessary!
Email Matt Zemanek at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to participate and to be added to the e-mail list. These are also recorded and available to watch throughout the week on our YouTube channel, our Facebook page, and here on our website.
Watch this week’s Bible Study here:
Foundations: A Catholicism 101 Series
Beginning September 12th, 2021 join us after the 9AM Mass from 10:15AM-10:45AM in the Hall for a weekly series on the basics of our Catholic faith, presented in a new and dynamic way. We invite you to come make new friends and bring the whole family for have faith-centered conversations as you learn more about our Catholic faith. All are welcome!
View our online Foundations series:
R.C.I.A. (The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults)
Are you, or someone you know, interested in joining the Catholic Church? We, as the Catholic Community of St. Timothy are ready to accompany you on your journey of faith. The process for adults joining the Church is known as the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA).
The R.C.I.A is for:
- An unbaptized person who follows a process to help them grow in awareness to God’s call to conversion, as well as ways to respond to that call by receiving the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist.
- People who have been baptized in another Christian church, from a faith tradition other than the Catholic faith, who are seeking full communion with the Catholic Church through the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist.
- Those who were baptized in the Catholic Church who have not received formation in the Catholic faith. These adults will be prepared to celebrate the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist.
The RCIA Journey:
- Inquiry: Inquiry sessions are an opportunity for you to ask questions; there is no expectation that you will join RCIA. Inquiry is an honest, open environment without judgment to help you find answers and discern your readiness to proceed into RCIA. Inquiry occurs on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of every month after the 9AM Mass in the Front Office conference room. All are welcome!
- Dismissal: This happens every week during the Sunday 9AM Mass. RCIA participants attend the first part of Mass and are then led to another area to study the Scripture readings further.
- Catechesis: You, your sponsor, and your fellow participants in RCIA will be learning about the Catholic faith through our weekly Foundations series on Sundays after the 9AM Mass to help you have faith-centered conversations and experiences to grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ.
For more information:
Matthew Zemanek: email@example.com
Are you an adult who has not yet received Confirmation?
For most of us, the Sacrament of Confirmation was celebrated when we were either in junior high or in high school. For those adults in the RCIA, their Confirmation is celebrated when they are baptized at the Easter Vigil. For some, especially in Latin countries, the custom was to Confirm at Baptism as infants. For a variety of reasons, many adult Catholics have not yet been confirmed.
THIS INVITATION IS FOR YOU
If you are 19 years of age, you have been Baptized Catholic and have made your First Communion, but have not been Confirmed, I invite you to join me and others in a preparation program this spring so that you will be Confirmed on Pentecost Sunday, June 5th, 2022 at the 11am Mass, here at St. Timothy Church.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Registration will open in 2022 and will be online and must be completed by April 1st, 2022. Check back for the link!
WHAT DO I NEED? Most importantly, you will need an open heart and mind to receive the power of the Holy Spirit. Logistically, you will also need to:
- Have a meeting with your sponsor and Monsignor John to welcome you into the program
- Attend an orientation meeting with Matt: Date is TBD.
- Submit copies of your Baptism & First Eucharist certificates
- Choose an active, Confirmed Catholic (if they are married they must be married in the Church) who is not your parent to be your sponsor to accompany and do your preparation with you.
- Choose the name of a Catholic Saint to be Confirmed under
- Attend all 6 Adult Confirmation sessions with your sponsor. These are currently schedule to be on Sundays after the 11AM Mass from 12-2pm on Sundays, April 24th, May 1st, May 8th, May 15th, May 22nd & May 29th, 2022.
I am looking forward to meeting you and sharing this journey with you for the final step toward your final step of Initiation into our Catholic faith. Any questions? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matthew Zemanek, Director of Adult Evangelization & Faith Formation
The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
Would you like to experience a deeper encounter with God? Would you like to discover how faith and everyday life can thrive together? The Exercises will include daily prayer, weekly teachings, weekly small faith sharing groups, and monthly large faith sharing time from September to June. For more information or to RSVP please contact Helene Markel 949-697-9703 email@example.com
Free to Be – Women’s Group
Free to Be is a community of women of all ages committed to supporting one another while growing spiritually and serving St Timothy Parish. Contact Helene Markel firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Manna4Men – Men’s Group
Manna4Men is a book-based study/discussion group with other like-minded men who want to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. They currently meet on Saturday mornings at 8am in the Fireside Room (second floor above the front office). Contact Bill Kinsey email@example.com for more information.